Monday, April 28, 2008

Today's thought

Today I read this article in the news about the
women who was held captive by her father for
24 years...
I am astonished! yet not suprised,
think about how often this sort of thing must be going on.
Could be your neighbor's house next door.
I mean really! Like the article said, what the hell is going on out there?
Like most crime, we don't hear about it all.
We're not getting any better, we're getting worst..
Here we are, our country at war, our friends, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives
putting their lives on the line to save our asses, and this is how we repay them.
This is what their standing up for?
This is our country? Isn't it our turn to make them proud?
Let them know they're not putting their lives on the line for nothing.

I realize this is one issue at hand, but when you look at the whole picture,
and all the crime that is going on right here under everyone's noses,
It's scary...it's unthinkable, it's very real!

I write my words in this blog to help heal, to comfort,
to inspire, to give hope, to laugh, to love.
But my words are executed in silence when I read these happenings around the world.
When do we wake up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE REPORT!

The fastest way to build and grow your Opt-In List Ever!

Your Name:

Your Email: