Thursday, April 2, 2015

In The Shadows That Wait...

Short Story Fiction pg 4/12


Sal had thought he walked on water for most of his upbringing. There was a time when Catherine had believed that he loved her. At least was convinced of that. When the issue of his treatment towards our marriage, against me, had been repeatedly pressured upon his parents for so long, and so publicly, they had finally convinced, or persuaded Sal to divorce.

He had never forgotten that, and vowed this was unfinished business. Getting away as far as possible from this life that consumed every waking moment, and what Sal's money bought, was the only intention possible.

“It took me awhile to cut through all the red tape, but I finally found you Catherine.” He stood there with such triumph in his demeanor and voice. “I told you I would find you, and that day has come.” I squirmed to sit up from the restraints that bounded my hands and feet. “Catherine, my dear Catherine, I have made you uncomfortable.” “I suppose I could loosen the mouth piece, after all you can’t be heard, “Let’s talk, it’s been so long since we have spoken”. Catherine nodded her head in agreement, though against her will of wanting to comply with his request. “I’ll loosen the tie, but it goes right back on if you disobey me.”

Once Sal had removed the cloth from Catherine’s jaw, she begged him for some water. “I suppose that’ll be alright my love.” I do apologize for having kept you tied up all night, but what was I to do my dear?” “I could not very well leave you unrestrained.” “I needed you to get use to the idea that I am back!” Catherine watched as he moved into the kitchen just feet away from her to get the water. Talking all the while, stating his stand of his achievements of tracking capabilities. Sal held the cup to her mouth as Catherine feverishly searched for the water with her lips. “I need to go to the bathroom Sal, Catherine had stated.” “I have taken precautions by checking the layout of the apartment Catherine while you slept.” “I suppose I should have given you more money in our divorce, perhaps you could have found a more suitable abode.” “At least the walls are so thick with brick that you won’t be heard, I know how you like to scream when we make love.”
“What do you want with me Sal? Catherine had blurted out.” “Oh come now Catherine, you’re a bit cranky obviously from no doubt sleeping on that horrible couch all night.”


“Let’s see if we can remedy all that shall we?” With very precision moves, Sal proceeded to loosen the ties that bounded Catherine’s hands together, then her feet. “You can go to the bathroom now my sweet.” “I’ll be right outside the door waiting.” “Oh and sweetie, I have removed any and all instruments of, well let’s say, that could be detrimental to my life.” “Oh how I have missed you my dear Catherine…”

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE REPORT!

The fastest way to build and grow your Opt-In List Ever!

Your Name:

Your Email: